Thursday, January 3, 2013

Big Lesson Learned in 2012

So tomorrow is my birthday again and marks one year since I started blogging. I have had a lot  of changes  this year. My biggest accomplishment was losing 22 lbs on Nutrisystem which I got free because of my blog. So I am really excited about that. I also started ministering in church which is not something I ever thought I would do. I was asked to be the president of the ladies ministries in our church as well and have been working on that. This year coming up I expect big changes and I am really excited to see what God is going to do in my life. I have big plans for the ladies ministries, I am also working on starting a rehab program in our church called Celebrate Recovery. Our community has a huge drug abuse issue and when people come to our church needing help, we need to be ready to meet that need. So after lots of prayer and research I found the Celebrate Recovery program that has excellent success rates. I have asked some others to join with me in getting ready for this program and we have been working on it for awhile now. We hope to be able to start it up sometime in the spring. We moved 3 times in 2012. Can't say I want to do that again.

I still enjoy spending time with my grandchildren who are the light of my world. I am continuing to work on my Master's degree in rehab counseling and I work full time. So all of that along with church and ministries, I have had a busy year.   I am going to try to posts more blogs that are not Nutrisystem related. I know that I have gotten pretty slack in that area. But I am going to try to do better this year.


Big Lesson Learned this year:  Don't make plans that you are not willing to change. God's plans are not always the same as mine and when He changes things, I will go along and be a willing vessel that He can use the way He chooses.

Is there a lesson you learned  in 2012 that you are willing to share? I would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment