Saturday, October 27, 2012

Week 13

I have to admit that we have been a bit off track the last couple of weeks. Having 6 extra people in the house has made following our plan a bit of a challenge.  Between that and work, I have not had time to plan meals the way I should have been. So I skipped some meals and ate some stuff that was not on our plan.  We also skipped the exercising as much. I still managed a 20 minute walk every morning but only made it to the gym once in the last 2 weeks.  So, this being said, I stayed at the same weight for the last 2 weeks. I am still at 20 lb total weight loss for the last 4 months.  I talked to the dietician at my office about it and she said that is not a bad thing. She explained to me that when we have maintained the same weight for a long period, and then go on a diet. Our body continues to try to get back to that “normal” weight. Now she said it will recognize my new weight (142) as my normal and will quit trying to get back to 162. Seems kind of weird to me but in an odd way it makes sense. But I am determined that this week I will get back on track and back to losing. I am determined to take off another 10 lbs by Christmas.
On a brighter note, Rick got his A1C test results back and it was a 7. This means that his blood sugars have been on an average for the last 3 months about 154. His last test 6 months ago was an 11 , so this was a significant change.   He is at his goal weight but still plans on losing 10 more pounds. He has lost a total of 30 lbs.
We know that we could not have accomplished this without Nutrisystem.

Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling  1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog

No comments:

Post a Comment