Saturday, October 20, 2012

Take me to the King

A few weeks ago I bought an Ipod shuffle to download music on to listen to while I exercise. Of course, being that I know nothing about downloading music, I asked my daughter, Beki to do it for me. She knows what kind of stuff I like. I told her to make she put some good Christian music because I prefer that to other venues. So she brought it back it to me saying she had found me some good stuff to listen to. It just so happens that I was having a pretty bad week . I had been talked about by church people, work and family all in the same week. I was beginning to wonder what I did wrong or right to warrant such and attack on my character. That evening I went out to mow and decided to try out the new tunes. As I was listening she had downloaded a gospel song called "Take me to the King"  that spoke completely to how I was feeling. I kept hitting repeat and listening over and over. Then I googled it and found it on You Tube. My Pastor found the soundtrack for me so I could sing it at church. The words of the song speake about coming to Jesus in our broken state and offering that up to Him because that is all we have. It says we are hurting, feeling alone and abused. But it says we are not giving up , we are going to run to Him because He is the answer. Even when we might feel like giving up we don't because His spirit is within us and keeps prodding us on.
This week, I will be singing this song in church for the first time. I don't usually sing with a track but I feel like this song can reach out to someone else who may be hurting and need to know that even with the pain and hurt He is still there and we just need to hold on.

No comments:

Post a Comment