Sunday, January 29, 2012

Take time to smell the coffee

My weekends are usually spent with my grandkids. This past weekend was no different. The last couple of weeks have been so busy and stressful at work and I have worked a lot of overtime at home in the evenings. This week my supervisor said no work over the weekend so I listened.
As I watched the kids play and listened to them laugh and talk, I realize how much we miss when we fail to stop and take the time.  Last weekend I listened as my two oldest grandsons, 11 and 13 talked about girls and prank called girls on their cell phone. They spent so much time on the phone that Dylan couldn’t keep it charged.  I remembered when Dylan was a baby and his vocabulary was simply standing in my doorway mooing at the cows in the field behind my house.  Time goes by so quickly. It is important to spend every moment enjoying these little things.
The girls 8 years old giggled and laughed at the boys and then talked about their own “crushes”.  Seems a little young to me but they were so cute talking about the boys at school.  
I am so thankful for these moments that I get with them. Yes, sometimes it is a little hectic. And my husband, Rick, doesn’t always enjoy the chaos that having 4 grandkids at time brings. But I wouldn’t want to miss a single moment of these days with them. They are young enough now that they love to go to Grandma’s house but I know the day will come that they will have better things to do.
So, the lessoned learned for this week: take time to enjoy special moments with family and friends because they will pass to quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment