Saturday, January 7, 2012

Joy Comes in the Morning

Joy Comes in the Morning

New International Version

Psalms 6:6-10

6 I am worn out from my groaning.

All night long I flood my bed with weeping
and drench my couch with tears.
7 My eyes grow weak with sorrow;
they fail because of all my foes.


8 Away from me, all you who do evil,
for the LORD has heard my weeping.
9 The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer.
10 All my enemies will be overwhelmed with shame and anguish;
they will turn back and suddenly be put to shame.


Ada’s version

I am tired of all this crying. I’ve cried all night and and all day.

I am worn out from all this trouble. My enemies are wearing me down.


I am tired of being tired and beat down. I am rise up against my enemies and command them to flee. The Lord has heard my cries and has delivered me the hands of the enemy. 

Those have tormented and caused me grief will now be ashamed of themselves and will turn away because of their shame.

      ·        Has anyone ever been there?

·        Anybody ever face trouble?

·        Anybody ever have sickness? Failure? Defeat?

·        Has anybody ever spent all day and night crying and begging out to God for help

·        We have all been there


Psalms 30:5
For his anger endures but a moment; in his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.


  We need to know where our help comes from:

My Psalms 121:2

My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

When David went to face the giant, they tried to get him to put on armor that did not fit him.  But he knew he did not need it. He would defeat the giant not through his power but through God’s.  He said:

1 Samuel 17:45

Then said David to the Philistine, You come to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.
David defeated the giant through the power of God not with the little pebble he through at his head.

It is important to trust God in every situation that we go through. He is always in control. He will never leave or forsake us. Put all of your problems and troubles in His hands and stand back and watch him take care of it all.

Maybe this past year has brought you many sorrows, grief, broken families, financial problems, etc…….

But in the New Year, I want to encourage you to put aside all of those past hurts and trust God. Night time is over, Morning has come and with it is Joy. Rise up and declare victory over the enemy.  Be blessed and if you need someone to stand alongside you in prayer, I will be happy to do so.














3 comments:

  1. Very nice Ada. You are truly my sister in Christ. I have been exercising, eating healthier, getting out of the house, and of course praying. It seems to be helping. Please keep me and my family in your prayers. Stevie is down with a large mass on her only ovary. We'll know Monday when they will take it out. I fixed dinner for her and the kids last night and realized that I do still have a purpose in this life. It just doesn't focus around work right now as it always has for me. Keep up the good works my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the old hymn, Where would I be without the Lord, on my side, tell me where would I be....Yep it's time to take a stand - cant have it both ways. "My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth". We can't limit God based on our limits. Help is there if we obey him. God takes covenant seriously, never breaks a promise but we have to do our part and obey him and his commandments. Thank the Lord that Joy comes in the morning! I am seeking a job where I can be blessed and be a blessing - please add me to your prayer list. God Bless you and this blog - let it be a light in a dark place. Good job Ada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen good stuff Ada....Thats what I do is just keep trusting Him, and He never lets me down. Faithful God is, until the end!! God bless!!

    Kev

    ReplyDelete