Sunday, February 26, 2012

Don't take God for Granted

This weekend we had revival services at our church. On Saturday the minister was preaching and he said “Some of you are going through a desert place and you feel like you are all alone and wonder where God is”.  I felt God speak to me and say “That’s you”.  I said back to Him, “No, that’s not me. I go to all of the services, I work in the church, I even share the word sometimes, I raise my hands during the worship, and I pray with people in the alter. So no, that it is not me that preacher is talking about”.  I went through my whole list of all the things I do, and then I no sooner finished when the preacher said, “you may be coming to church and raising your hands and praying in the alter, but you are just going through the motions.”  And I knew in that moment that yes, it was me.
                Sometimes we go through our spiritual life and we think we are doing ok but we are just going through the motions. We have become so good at having church that we have stopped expecting God to do anything. I was amazed that I had gotten into this place of complacency and didn’t even realize it.  I am so glad that God sees us where we are and even if we can’t see it, He knows what we need and when we need it.
My lesson for this week: Do not take God for granted. Expect the unexpected. Look for Him to show up in your life.  Check yourself and see if you are truly where He wants you to be or are you just going the motions.  I am so glad He showed up this weekend and I feel rejuvenated and refreshed in Him.
Have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment