Sunday, February 12, 2012

Big Umbrella

When I first started my job about 3 1/2 years ago, I had to drive to Lima to the office everyday. One day it was raining so I was running a little later than usual and got stuck behind a school bus.  I waited while the bus driver made several stops. At one stop a man dressed in a suit came out with 2 children , probably around 7 and 8 and he had a big umbrella. He held it over the kids while he walked to them to the bus and made sure they got on ok and then walked back to his house. As I watched this scene unfold , I very distinctly heard the Spirit of God speak to me and say, " That is what I do for you. When you go through the storm, I can't promise you won't get wet but I will there to protect you ." I remember driving the rest of the way with tears streaming, thanking Him for showing me such an awesome revelation. We can't stop the storms from coming, and we can't run and hide from them, but God has a big Umbrella that He holds over us to protect us. We may get a little wet, and we may feel the wind blow but He is always there protecting us until we get safely through. I still remember that day everytime I drive by that house.

Lesson Learned: Trust in Him , He walks us through the storms and we are never alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment